Safe Event Plan
The H Suite Management team have been working hard to ensure a range of essential tasks were actioned before operational activity was able to commence.
- completion of an on-site checklist and risk assessment
- completion of a health and safety audit
- successful completion of the ‘Good to Go’ (the official UK mark from Visit England)
- sourcing adequate PPE equipment
- placing suitable site signage and floor markings
The above is to ensure the safety of staff members as well our welcomed clients and guests.
We recognise that the venue has been closed throughout the pandemic and this has resulted in returning to a very different environment.
We want to reassure you that the changes we have put in place are to ensure we keep everyone safe and we ask that you support to a new working environment and follow the mandatory changes.
FLEXIBLE BOOKING GUARANTEE
We have always aimed to be flexible with our bookings and this will remain one of our priorities. We understand that event planers may be nervous but if you do want to make a booking, should the event be unable to go ahead due to COVID_19, we will endeavour to find an alternative date that works for both parties for no additional fee.
SAFE EVENT PLAN
We have created the following plan which outlines the measures we are putting in place around four key areas: social distancing, hygiene, catering and event management. These will obviously be subject to change as we follow the latest in government and industry guidelines. Any updates to this plan will be published here on our website- www.thehsuite.co.uk
Aim: to minimise transmission and protect all individual
- Reduced numbers of delegates to ensure social distancing can be adhered to
- Social distancing between our staff and guests
- Layouts of rooms can be adapted
- Conduct signs and guidance for all visitors (hygiene, social distancing)
- Clear signage with one-way systems signposted for exit and entrance paths where possible
- Events will, where appropriate, have staggered arrival times to ensure only small numbers of guests are entering the venue at any given time
- Temporary data capture of all visitors to site (which will be held temporarily for 21 days after the event date in order to comply with the NHS Test and Trace requests for data)
Aim: To maintain high levels of cleanliness and introduce increased hygiene measures
- Cleaning schedules and hygeine checks will be increased both before, during and after each event (with specific attention on all handles and surfaces)
- Any on-site AV equipment provided by The H Suite will be sanitised prior to and after use
- Hand Sanitiser stations will be positioned around the building and within each event space
- All H Suite staff have received training in hygiene and will be wearing the appropriate PPE when supporting your event
- Temperatures of all staff will be taken before each shift and a health checklist will be completed before starting work
- All non-essential items i.e. stationery, pens, pencils will be removed from the tables
- Cloakrooms and coat racks will be unavailable
- Contactless transactions only
- Putting disinfectant sprays and wipes in prominent areas throughout the venue, such as entrances and exits, kitchen areas, offices, points of customer interaction and drop off/collection points
- Implementing a clean work environment and self-sanitising for all staff members
Aim: To increase safety and minimise contact
- Designated catering/refreshments area for your event will be assigned
- Pre-packed lunches (where required)
- Signs and markings will be displayed to manage the use of the area
Aim: To maintain the high standard and quality of communication with clients
- An event manager will be assigned to your event from the point of booking
- Regular communications will be maintained throughout your booking journey
- Virtual tours can be requested prior to your event with your event manager